Monday 17 June 2013

Birthday Cards for Boys


Here goes a second post.

Well thought I'd try a different way of getting photo's on a blog.  It's a lot easier to do it on a laptop as the ipad has a whole different way of uploading the photos and  if you don't have the right techno stuff you are lost (well, I was).
This post  is another test piece for me, I actually made this card  a couple of weeks ago, as usual I left it until the last minute so it was a quick one.
I started with a blank card and stared at it, and stared at it. As I have two girls I didn't have a clue what to do for boys, after a little more staring I hunted out these rather funky fish and crab from  Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley I also used the ocean Backgrounds.
I stamped them using black archival ink and coloured them with distress ink stamp pads pressed onto a craft mat, using a paintbrush adding a little water I coloured in the images to create a watercolour effect. The Happy Birthday stamp was from Jo Firth Youngs range of stamps, everything was then layered up on some patterned paper, task of the day complete.

Not to bad for quick one.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.