Friday 28 June 2013

Friends, Summer Fun!

So, here I am again, today I finished a little project I thought about months ago.

I actually started it yesterday and finished it today.  I am totally stunned.

 
 
 
This was a piece of work for my daughters bedroom.
The artwork is complete, however, the bedroom is still waiting for attention.

The first thing I did was beg my friend Rebecca for the loan of her Crafty Individuals stamp, Life's a Beach Girlfriends' CI-284 as I had the stamp CI-283 Seaside Friends I felt they would complement each other.  The images were stamped on ATC size stampboard, which originally I was going to etch into, instead I used distress stamp pads pressed onto a craft mat, added a little water to dilute the colour then painted the images with a paint brush.




 
I then found some bits of lace, ribbon, buttons arranged them together and stuck  it to the stampboard. I cut up a dishwasher tablet box to mount the pictures on, I like the box as when you distress the card it has a fine corrugated texture, this was painted with Paperartsy paints and a bit of crackle glaze.
I ended up visiting Hobby Craft for the frame 12x12 deep edged, I bought a plain pine one so I could use more Paperartsy paints and crackle glaze.  
I found a matching piece of card for the background and used tissue tape to line the inner edge of the box frame. I did consider adding some roses in the corner but thought less was better.
 
Georgie seems to like it,thank heavens.
 
Sue : )

Georgie is responsible for cropping the photos today, wouldn't be surprised if she had her own blog soon.
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG there's no stopping you now, woman on a mission. Lookin good shame she liked it that would go with my bedroom!
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.