Sunday, 9 February 2014

Journal Page Papillon Style



I should be ironing.......

 However, I wanted to share a journal page I completed yesterday.


It's a quick take on France Papillon's, using paper I didn't really like, but hey, it was painted and inked and altered so you couldn't make out the original. 
Ok it wasn't a quick one at all,  between waiting for one load of washing to finish and reloading another, hoovering, etc, etc, it took all day.......

I used a small dylusions journal which I had a while back and has been lying unloved gathering dust.
Poor little thing, I started by drawing a grid on the reverse side of the paper at 2cm intervals then cut slits in the paper to thread/weave 2cm strips of paper through.

 Paperartsy paint was used to disguise the paper and provide a base to work on. Using paints in misters from a previous project I sprayed the paper and added a little more water to help disburse the colours and let them spread down the page followed by a blast with the heat gun.

Art bars (water soluble wax) were used on the edges of the woven pieces to add depth in black and rusty brown then using a water brush to blend the colours. At this point spray ink was splattered across the paper to add interest. Almost forgot I did add some distress ink pushed through a mask too.

Off cuts of paper were distressed and the edges were coloured with Distress Ink then layered with die cut lace to add interest along with a few bits of string and other bits and pieces. This was all stuck down and wording added, followed by stitching around the edge then stuck into the journal.

I already have an idea for my next page.........
TTFN

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x