Monday 23 June 2014

SOC Week 3

WOW!!!
 
Half way through the six week SOC Challenge already.
For this weeks challenge the colours were Lavender, Grey and a pop of Plum.

The colours are fab together.
 I knew that this week was going to be a tough one to take part in and was challenged on how I was going to take part.  Luckily, many months ago I came up with this  creation in one of my,"What colours can I use that I normally wouldn't touch with a barge pole moment".

 
There is a lot of  lavender/Lilac in different tones painted onto an 8x8 flat canvas. Small fleur de lis
were stencilled on in white first and then over painted with plum, well more of a darker purple really.
 
I die cut a larger fleur de lis  from mount board and painted it in similar colours. Another piece of mount board was covered in sticky backed canvas, the edges were distressed with Seedless preserves distress ink and stamped on with a sentiment.
A small wooden frame was also painted along with a rose that had been made using a mould and melt pot.
More leaves and flowers were die cut and coloured along with a few swirls.
it was all stuck down with a hot glue gun and Hey Presto!!
 
Hope you like it.
 
Don't forget to see everyone's entries over at The SOC challenge site they are all fab and I cant wait to catch up later.
 
Thank you to everyone who has left comments on my blog, they are really encouraging and give me a warm glow when I read them.



25 comments:

  1. beautifully done! :)

    Cheers,
    Ankush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. This is fantastic. I love the romantic feel of the piece. And that molded rose is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from SoC - How lucky you had something partialy prepared already! You made me smile at your description tho; of, 'What colours can I use that I normally wouldn't touch with a barge pole moment' hehe
    Your hanging is very beautiful and I hope you like it enough to show it off in your room :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, Sue, I especially like the way you have made the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! this is so lovely. Visiting from SoC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the colors. Very delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, your result doesn't look like you had a tough time at all. The image is lovely with those colors.

    My Summer of Color post for Week 3 can be found here: http://proartz.blogspot.com/2014/06/abstract-photo-summer-of-color-week-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the palette don't you? Your work is very pretty....and your creativity courageous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dimension and texture you've got going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty and a great use of the colours from this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful piece Sue, I was rather horified at first when I saw the colours, but in the end I had fun creating with them. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is lovely! I love the texture and the colour is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soo pretty Sue! These were not my fave colors for sure but I am loving the beautiful projects everyone is coming up with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty work of art! I just love how you used the SOC colors this week! Beautifully!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous canvas you used the colours so well. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful little piece. Looks effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Sue! The sentiment is so perfect, I think I need to create something like this for my craftroom and adopt that as my motto lol. I love the flowers and the little frame! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely gorgeous!! It is so spendidly executed - I would have not guessed these were not your "go to" colours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just stunning! I love the quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super artwork, how lucky you had this in your 'arsenal of creativity'!

    Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love that sentiment. Really do.

    Thanks for stopping by to see my wonky cats :) Am so jealous you have two. I am a cat person living in a house of doggy people. I miss having one.

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.