Tuesday 28 October 2014

Paper Folding

Ummm, where do I start.

A day or two ago I went blog hopping and came across a posting on Finnabair's which
grabbed my attention and literally inspired me to have a go.

I began by finding a suitable book.
I initially began by imitating the word inspire, I quickly found out the reason why an encyclopaedia was used, (thin pages and lots of them).
My book had about 400 pages and they were quite thick.
After unfolding my previous attempt (ready to start again), I printed a few sheets of graph paper and
drew the word art.


 Using the lines on the graph paper and a ruler as a guide (so that I didn't fold to close to spine of book) I began folding.


This is how it turned out.

 
 As yet I haven't decorated my cover, that will be a job for next week when the girls are back at school.

 If you fancy having a go yourself there are many videos on you tube to show you step by step how to create your own version.

Bye for now

2 comments:

  1. Sue - that's so clever, it looks awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool, look forward to seeing the cover when done
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.