Tuesday 25 November 2014

France Papillon Workshop

OMG

FRANCE PAPILLON WORKSHOP

I've had an amazing Sunday up North.

The 23rd November 2014 will go down in my history book as a day to remember.

When my crafting buddy Rebecca asked if I wanted to go I of course said yes, though I must admit I didn't know what to expect as I don't go to many workshops or crafting events.

I am sooooo glad I did, we travelled up Saturday evening stayed in a Premier Inn had a full English breakfast then got stuck into a whole day of painting, sticking, gluing, using gel mediums, ink sprays
and loads more. France taught us how to get the best from the products by just talking us through the process and advising us how/what mediums mix well together.

Just being able to try out the products was a fab experience although I'm still not convinced about pans pastels, I did buy a couple when they first came out but passed them on to my sister in law.
 After all there are so many other product out there.

Once the trying out of the products was complete (am) we began making proper pages.
The first page was a group effort, our table although branded the naughty table got along well and took hold of this task and made it our own. One person would suggest a layer, once complete the next one would make a suggestion and so on. As you can see our table went round more than once (6 lovely ladies).

From what I remember, this is how the page developed.

Gesso, any colour.
Paperartsy Paint, any colour. (My choice)
Splatters.
Use a mask.
Texture, Using what ever medium you like.
Stick something on.
Use an Image, ie rub on.
Stamp something.
Use a book an old book page.
Do something to the edge. (My choice)


This was how my page turned out.

 
Next up was a guided page with suggestion from France.

Hit and miss clear gesso.
Apply Tissue paper plain or patterned.
Use transparent colour, anything goes.
Stamp around the edges.
Shadow stamp background.
Add a small amount of old text paper.
Add a small rub on.
Add an embellishment.
Add a small amount of opposite colour.
Add a word.

Here is my version.


Last page was a free for all with a title of,
"Sum up what you've learnt and what you are taking away with you today".
Or something similar to that, it was getting late and brain was muddled.

This was my page.


A little bit of everything.

Such a cool day, thanks to everyone who organised the workshop, to all of the other crafty peeps and to France for coming to the UK and teaching us  to create wonderful pages.

TTFN  xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.