Friday 2 January 2015

January 2015

Today is the last official day off for my girls, I don't count the weekend as time off, as in, holiday mode because this is when uniforms have to be checked and sorted, shoes cleaned (located) and loads of other weekend type of stuff. It is also when the little peeps announce at the last minute they have an abundance of homework they should have done but conveniently forgot about.
This is also the point when I remind them that I had asked everyday for the past two weeks and that Sunday at 9pm in the evening is far to late to start an eight page essay.
 
Anyhow, hubby is now back at work and I thought the girls may want to do or make or go out together. I was obviously dreaming because as I type they are online playing Xbox Live Minecraft.
 
So I've been playing again in the front room, just a quick scrapbook page inspired Finnabair , Anna Dabrowska is a very  talented artist, I had a great experience  taking part in one of her workshops organised by The Artist Trading Post in Derby recently.
 
I began with an 8"x8" square, using two distress ink pads I pressed them in a square formation on the paper and diluted the ink with a water spray to let it dribble and puddle across the page, such fun as no two pages will ever be the same.
 A touch of text  stamping was added from the dribbles of distress  ink that remained on the craft mat, as the two colours had mixed it was slightly darker not unpleasant tho.
Using a couple of masks and cut and dry foam archival ink was used to create a random pattern.
 

Ready made white paper flowers were also dunked into the  leftover  watered down colour solution, added to a few previously die cut leaves, twigs and a photo of course, then stuck down with my new super sized glue gun. The edges were distressed and inked with a little black soot distress ink and that was it.
 



It actually took more time to write this blog page than to do the project.

All good fun !

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely 😃
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Fabulous Project Sue - Sorry I haven't stopped by - I have been reading the email updates but haven't had chance to tell you how fab they've all been Chirstmas sort of got in the way of most of my plans!. Plan on hopping to a few of your pages now. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year. See you next week! x

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.