Monday 23 February 2015

Quick Card

Today I felt yucky, I have a cold.
After several loads of washing, hoovering and endless other little jobs I decided I needed to make something. The girls have been off school for a week along with the hubby, so not a lot of crafting has been going on at all.

I had a need to craft and here  is the outcome.


I must admit that the image had been stamped and coloured a few months ago. I found it whilst looking for a stamp and die I  thought had gone into the bin,  the good news is I found both.
 (When you have a multi function room I often find myself scooping everything up and placing it in the nearest empty box or bag and fortunately that's where I found it).
 I finished off inking the edges of the image then misted it with water using a sheet of plenty to remove excess water and some of the colour, the image was originally coloured with distress ink pads pressed onto a glass mat  using it as a water colour applying it with a  small round brush.
In my lucky dip bag (lucky because that's were I found my stamps and coloured image) I came across numerous die cuts of lace, one of which was a lovely green, also a bit of  green  spotty card
(an Anne Marie purchase) and a imitation ledger page. All of which I needed to use, I stamped a greeting onto a left over bit of mount board from a birdhouse project before Xmas, coloured it with distress inks and misted with water again.
Dressing the card up with a length of green twine and all adhered to the card base.

Wow, sounds a lot but really took ten minutes.
It's actually taken longer to write up than it took to make.
That's all for now, going for another lemsip to perk me up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you almost back in the land of the living, great card
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.