Wednesday 20 January 2016

SDC227 - Colour Blobs

Over at Stampotique we had  another new challenge.
Arwen McCullen was the host and she asked for "Colour Blobs". I know I'm a little late but  here goes.
First of all I created the handle from good old coffee stirrers lined up and secured with twine then spread apart to give the initial fan shape. A 12"x12" piece of card was cut to the shape I needed x 3 and the coffee stirrers were glued onto one piece, then one of the other cut out shapes was added to the back encasing the stirrers.


The final cut out shape was reduced/cut down by approximately 2/8" then
Texture paste was put through a Mask to create lines, where the mask touched the previously placed texture it left a great squelch effect.


This was dried off with a heat tool, I finally used my new gelato's.
Be very careful as using all the colours in the rainbow create brown.  I began blending with my fingers but they became sore against the texture paste, I spritzed the gelato's with a mist of water which release the colour, sooooo cool.





The pictures do not do the colours justice, they are bold rich and georgeous. 
The edges were then dry brushed with black paint, which enhances the texture and colour even more.


Stampotique stamps were used to create the birds and branches which were fussy cut out, (the Owls were chopped off, sorry owls). 


The stirrers were painted black and a ribbon was added, everything was glued into position, that's my take on colour blobs hope you like it.




For more inspiration and the current theme pop on over to Stampotique Challenge blog here.

Sue X

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I love this.
    Thank you for joining in with the Stampotique challenge this week.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous I love it! Thanks for joining us this week over at Stampotique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Clever girl
    happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sue I really like this, so clever and full of lush colour. I think we can officially say that your mojo is back and raring to go! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Stampotique. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.