Thursday 7 April 2016

Canvas Card

With a niece's birthday coming up I knew I would have to make a card, so I thought I would combine a gift and a card, here is the outcome. 
A canvas card!
 
I began by using an 8"x8" box canvas, layering torn paper lengths over the top.
 
 
This was then given a thin layer of gesso by spreading the paint over the papers with a plastic credit card.

 
Gelato's were used to add pale colours to the background. 



 Now for some reason my between photos have vanished so you'll have to used your imagination. Sorry!
 
I began by drawing on the Giraffe in pencil and filling it in with white gesso so that I could use watercolour pencils to colour my project.
Clouds were cut from a patterned paper then stamped with a Stampotique stamp then edged in black soot distress ink.
Flowers were drawn on and coloured in the same way as the Giraffe using a dark colour around the outside edge to make the flowers stand out a little more.
Random stamping of birds, grass, small flowers and stems added in black archival ink.
 The project was then sealed with varnish to protect it a little.
An 8" x 8" card blank was attached to the back and there you have it a card and gift in one.

 
A couple of close ups!




 Sue X






















1 comment:



Thanks so much for leaving a comment, I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
Along with everyone on Blogger I need to comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR). Any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.