Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Tuesday Fun January 2017

The builders weren't on site yesterday and so I decided to have a bit of crafting time with the sister-in-law. 
 
Last week Nola and I popped to a local craft shop and collect a few supplies, we came back with an MDF window shape to decorate.

In my true style I didn't take many photos, ooops!
 
At this point we had sandwiched cheesecloth between the 2 pieces of shaped MDF, Structure medium was used to glue the fabric into folds to give the impression of curtains and the 2 MDF shapes were glued together.
 
 
Using a brayer, we added colour to all the MDF, covering the bottom lip if MDF which fit into the gap.

 
A layer of crackle glaze was followed by a coat of lighter chalk paint to give the window a distressed look. Distress ink was added to age even further. Water was misted onto the frame and lifted off to reveal a mottled effect, this was sealed with distress glaze/wax.

 
Close up!

 
 
To complete the project the window was slotted into the base and glued into position.
The fabric was painted in a light blue and white left to dry then dry brushed over the top with a darker blue.
The fairy was created from black texture paste on acetate which had been put through a stencil left to dry and cut out. The whole project was then assembled with moss and shop bought flowers and beads. However I think it needs something else!
 
Here is the finished piece!
 
 
That's it for today.
 
Sue X
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x