Paperartsy 3UP Challenge

Here is a copy of my entry.
Hi, I am extremely lucky to be a stay at home mum.  Prior to my career change I had been employed as an accounts administrator for a group of garages located in the West Midlands.  I have always been involved in the madness of craft, I guess you could say I was born with it in my genes.  My skills range from knitting, sewing, cross stitch, upholstery and of course paper craft. What I am not so  good at is twitter, pinterest and facebook, my blog is pretty new too. It was set up a few years ago but it was only when my friend suggested I enter one of my creations onto a challenge site I realised you needed to have a  blog, it’s still quite basic but I’m getting there, slowly.
My first ever job when I was 16 was adding colours to enamelled trinket boxes on an outwork basis 50p a base, 25p a lid, it was pocket money, it was only when staring into a shop window I realised how much these little beauties were worth to buy.
Anyway back to business.
A 6”x6” box canvass was painted with Nougat and dry brushed with Chartreuse, stamping using the new Hot Picks HP1304EZ script and 50c stamps in Honey Dew and Chocolate Pudding added detail.
 
Rolls were made from brayering with Chartreuse, Chalk and Honey Dew and stamped in black archival ink using the Script stamp, the edges were distressed rolled and lashed together with twine. Hat pins covered in White Fire and Onyxite Treasure Gold and pushed into the top of the rolls, treasure gold was added to edges of canvas.
 
The face was stamped onto Card painted in Chocolate Pudding, Crackle Glaze and Blush and cut out, Blood Orange added colour to lips and cheeks and a Chartreuse to the eye lids. Hair was made from stamping the 50c and 25c stamps on card painted in Chocolate Pudding, Blood Orange, Tikka and Chutney, heat embossed with black embossing powder and cut out, Treasure Gold was added to the edges.
 
 The same circles were used to make the flowers, slits were cut into each circle, tweezers were used to curl the corners and a brad added to the centre. Stems were made from wire twisted into leaf shapes which were stuck onto leftover paper, the leaves were cut out and glossy accents added.  A few metal embellishments were added to complete the look.
 
Hope you liked my entry.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. x